Ask a Xbox 360 Repair Guy

By RootYourDroid.net on 12:11 PM

Filed Under: , , , ,


This post is specifically just for me to have Q & A with people needing assistance with repairing their Xbox 360.

Ask me any questions you have in regards to repairing your 360 and I will get back to you in the comments the same day.


I know all the error codes so if you can't figure yours out just post it here and I will let you know. If you have any friends who are trying to fix theirs, feel free to refer them here I will be happy to help anyone.

16 comments for this post

i have a problem.

the joystick on my 360 controller came off.

Posted on March 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

mine is still working fine, bit loud tough

Posted on March 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Posted on March 13, 2011 at 3:41 PM  

skinned sheep: i only repair the console it self. i never did any work on controllers

@mac-and-me: you can consider buying a new fan. it will be quieter and stronger. It is fairly simple to install and I could help you with it. I'll post a tutorial soon on replacing the fan.

Posted on March 13, 2011 at 3:42 PM  

I recently fixed an xbox with a 3 ring red circle of death. I replaced the x-clamps with better ones and removed/added new arctic silver. I let it run with the fan only on one side till it overheated. It ran great for about a month but now the 3 ring red circle of death is back.

I've done this fix to 3-4 Xbox before and this the first one that has had more problems. Did I do something wrong or was it damaged too much by the time I got to it?

Thanks!


An overwhelming dose of awesome can be found in my 4th electro set! Check it
Electric Addict Set #4

Posted on March 13, 2011 at 8:50 PM  

@tearinox: I would suggest insulating than heat gunning the cpu/gpu. If you don't have a heat gun you can do the oven method.

I have had the best results with the oven bake method. Just make sure you insulate it very well before attempting.

I just posted the Oven Bake Tutorial here : http://360rrodrepair.blogspot.com/2011/03/oven-bake-fix-tutorial.html

Posted on March 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM  

I am really enjoying your really in depth tutorials, the best I have seen, really!

I am curious on how to JTAG, if you know how to do that. I might buy a RROD console to fix and JTAG if its worth it. I have the new slim model that is not being modded until it breaks, but I like digging in and modding, but JTAGGING eludes me.

Posted on March 16, 2011 at 11:03 PM  

This sounds suicidal haha, worth a try if your warranty runs out I suppose.

Posted on March 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

thats so nuts it looks like an internet prankster did it.

Posted on March 18, 2011 at 1:32 AM  

Thats is pretty nuts I'll have to remember this.

Posted on March 19, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

this is some MAD science!

Posted on March 20, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

thanks, it really helped me

FOLLOWED

Posted on April 3, 2011 at 4:54 AM  

great post

Posted on April 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM  
Anonymous

this is necessary because of the iron fun, well then painkillers
Soma side effect 500 mg tablets site

Tramadol prices 200 mg here

Posted on April 23, 2014 at 3:53 AM  

i also love xbox360 like you . if your xbox360 needs any type of repairs then simply go Xbox 360 repair Nottingham

Posted on March 12, 2015 at 12:47 AM  

Look at the way my pal Wesley Virgin's adventure begins with this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL video.

Wesley was in the army-and soon after leaving-he revealed hidden, "mind control" tactics that the CIA and others used to obtain everything they want.

As it turns out, these are the exact same secrets tons of famous people (notably those who "come out of nothing") and top business people used to become rich and famous.

You probably know how you use less than 10% of your brain.

Mostly, that's because the majority of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

Maybe this expression has even occurred IN YOUR very own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain about seven years ago, while driving an unlicensed, garbage bucket of a car with a suspended license and $3.20 on his debit card.

"I'm very frustrated with living check to check! When will I finally make it?"

You've been a part of those those types of conversations, ain't it right?

Your very own success story is waiting to start. You just have to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN WESLEY'S SECRETS

Posted on February 21, 2020 at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Revolver Electronic Cigarettes

Revolver