Ask a Xbox 360 Repair Guy

By RootYourDroid.net on 12:11 PM

Filed Under: , , , ,


This post is specifically just for me to have Q & A with people needing assistance with repairing their Xbox 360.

Ask me any questions you have in regards to repairing your 360 and I will get back to you in the comments the same day.


I know all the error codes so if you can't figure yours out just post it here and I will let you know. If you have any friends who are trying to fix theirs, feel free to refer them here I will be happy to help anyone.

16 comments for this post

i have a problem.

the joystick on my 360 controller came off.

Posted on March 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

mine is still working fine, bit loud tough

Posted on March 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Posted on March 13, 2011 at 3:41 PM  

skinned sheep: i only repair the console it self. i never did any work on controllers

@mac-and-me: you can consider buying a new fan. it will be quieter and stronger. It is fairly simple to install and I could help you with it. I'll post a tutorial soon on replacing the fan.

Posted on March 13, 2011 at 3:42 PM  

I recently fixed an xbox with a 3 ring red circle of death. I replaced the x-clamps with better ones and removed/added new arctic silver. I let it run with the fan only on one side till it overheated. It ran great for about a month but now the 3 ring red circle of death is back.

I've done this fix to 3-4 Xbox before and this the first one that has had more problems. Did I do something wrong or was it damaged too much by the time I got to it?

Thanks!


An overwhelming dose of awesome can be found in my 4th electro set! Check it
Electric Addict Set #4

Posted on March 13, 2011 at 8:50 PM  

@tearinox: I would suggest insulating than heat gunning the cpu/gpu. If you don't have a heat gun you can do the oven method.

I have had the best results with the oven bake method. Just make sure you insulate it very well before attempting.

I just posted the Oven Bake Tutorial here : http://360rrodrepair.blogspot.com/2011/03/oven-bake-fix-tutorial.html

Posted on March 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM  

I am really enjoying your really in depth tutorials, the best I have seen, really!

I am curious on how to JTAG, if you know how to do that. I might buy a RROD console to fix and JTAG if its worth it. I have the new slim model that is not being modded until it breaks, but I like digging in and modding, but JTAGGING eludes me.

Posted on March 16, 2011 at 11:03 PM  

This sounds suicidal haha, worth a try if your warranty runs out I suppose.

Posted on March 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

thats so nuts it looks like an internet prankster did it.

Posted on March 18, 2011 at 1:32 AM  

Thats is pretty nuts I'll have to remember this.

Posted on March 19, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

this is some MAD science!

Posted on March 20, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

thanks, it really helped me

FOLLOWED

Posted on April 3, 2011 at 4:54 AM  

great post

Posted on April 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM  
Anonymous

this is necessary because of the iron fun, well then painkillers
Soma side effect 500 mg tablets site

Tramadol prices 200 mg here

Posted on April 23, 2014 at 3:53 AM  

Hey, I had a great time reading your website. Can I contact you through email?. Please email me back.

Regards,

Angela
angelabrooks741 gmail.com

Posted on June 16, 2014 at 6:44 PM  

i also love xbox360 like you . if your xbox360 needs any type of repairs then simply go Xbox 360 repair Nottingham

Posted on March 12, 2015 at 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Revolver Electronic Cigarettes

Revolver